After a summer of bright hues and head-turning glitz in the mani-pedi department, Fall 2010 nail polish trends are toning it down with a bit more glamour– but don’t worry, there’s sex appeal aplenty! From military inspired chic to eye-catching shimmer, we guarantee these fabulous Fall nail trends are sure to break a few necks.
1. Kool Khaki- Last month, Chanel introduced their newest line of nail polish colors, Les Khakis Des Chanel, and the fashion blogosphere went bananas. Muted yet fun, Khaki has proved to be the hottest trend for fall– mixing military chic with a flirty flair. And although each little bottle costs a whopping $25, it’s the perfect way to wear the luxury brand everyday.
2. Snow White- Who says you can’t wear white after labor day? Taking risks is what the HPNOTIQ girl is all about, so let’s throw fashion rules out the window and make this Summer trend live through the cold weather. Besides, what better accessory to less sunshiny days than nails that gleam bright… Some of our favorites include Alpine Snow by O.P.I. ($8) and Picket Fence by Essie ($10) and the extra fun Full Moon by O.P.I.’s Sephora line ($9), which glows in the dark!
3. Got the Blues- Here at HPQ, we already know that blue never goes out of style but we’ve fallen extra in love with this year’s fall inspired hues. Go electric with Rococo Matte Nail Polish in Eccentric Rococo ($16.50), vamp it up with Nars Vintage Collection in Midnight Express ($16) and Covergirl’s Queen Collection in Rhythmic Blue ($4), or get a jump start on Spring with flirty polka-dotted aqua seen at Alice+Olivia’s Fashion Week presentation.
4. Going Gray- The perfect blend of grit and glamour, gray nails are sophisticated and understated with a rock ‘n roll edge. And with names like Concrete Jungle from Rescue Beauty Lounge ($18) and Recycle by China Glaze ($3.45), no wonder fabulous ladies like Lady Gaga sport the gloomy shade on the regular. Our personal fave is Rimmel’s Lasting Finish Pro in Steel Gray which has a flat brush– ensuring a perfect coat every time!
5. Moody Metallics- You didn’t think we’d stay all nice and simple, did you? Sure, matte is in, but every girl loves a little bit of shimmer. Or in the case of the Deborah Lippmann Collection, glitter overload is more like it. Hues like Bad Romance ($18), Across The Universe ($18), and Boom Boom Pow ($20) put some serious bling at your fingertips.