Loafers have come a long way.
What used to be only a traditional leisure shoe for men or statement shoe worn by prep students in the 1950’s, has now been remixed and updated with new colors, textures and styles for a more fashionable twist – making the classic flat slip-on shoe a comfortable way to still be fashion forward while spicing up your casual look. They are also a great transitional shoe option for fall and can be worn with a variety of looks from preppy-chic to uber-feminine and dainty ensembles.
While sometimes you can’t escape a fierce high-heeled shoe, it’s definitely nice to have a chic alternative that still has the same cool factor. Take a slice out of fall with these super chic and updated takes on the classic loafer.
1. Links for the image: (L to R, top to bottom):
2. Frye ‘Otis’ Penny Loafer (nordstrom.com, $148)
3. Belle Sigerson Morrison Leather Loafers (theoutnet.com, $160)
4. Jeffrey Campbell Academy (solestruck.com, $140)
5. Topshop Suede Slipper Loafers (topshop.com, $100)
6. J Crew Biella patent loafers (jcrew.com, $228)
7. Urban Outfitters BDG Woven Tassel Loafer (urbanoutfitters.com, $39)
8. Jeffrey Campbell ‘Sunshine’ Loafer (norstrom.com, $115)
9. DV by Dolce Vita Wentz Loafers (lordandtaylor.com, $70)
10. Jeffrey Campbell Elegant Stud Loafer (jildoreshoes.com, $160)
11. Antik Batik Carillo Loafer (freepeople.com, $288)
12. Sam Edelman Emilio Satin Loafers (lordandaylor.com, $120)
13. Candela N.Y.C. Women’s Penny Loafer Flats (endless.com, $225)
Misha is a fashion devotee who spends her days trekking into Manhattan putting in long hours in the showroom of a major fashion label. She’s a lover of great personal style. She has spent many of her days studying the business of the fashion world. She also passionately spends her nights moonlighting as a fashion/lifestyle blogger onhttp://www.thefabchick.com/ which gives her an outlet to express her subjective views on fashion, style, and all things considered fabulous in her world.